You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Resource for Adult Children of Alcoholics
Janet Woitiz's groundbreaking work has helped millions of adult children of alcoholics (ACOAs) begin to enjoy a healthy life. This volume contains the seminal work on the subject, including both the #1 New York Times bestseller Adult Children of Alcoholics and the million-copy bestseller Struggle for Intimacy.
In teh section "Adult Children of Alcoholics," Dr. Woititz explains why ACOAs:
- Guess at what is normal behavior
- Judge themselves without mercy
- Have difficulty with intimate relationships
- Experience difficulty with longterm problems
- Give underserved loyalty
- Constantly seek approval
In section two, "The Self-Sabotage Syndrome," she reveals why at work they:
- Feel overly responsible for anything that goes wrong
- Suffer from stress-related health problems such as insomnia, migraines or stomachaches
- Obsess about their jobsto teh point where it interferes with all other aspects of life
"Struggle for Intimacy" confronts the problems ACOAs face when attempting to have an intimate relationship. Dr. Woititz explains how to break free from teh dysfunctional coping strategies they learn as children, and how to embrace the intimacy that has eluded them. She teaches how to:
- Identify myths that prelude intimacy
- Experess fears and feelings without shame
- Get out of bad relationships
- Cultivate skills that create good relationships
Dr. Woititz gently guides readers to recognize and change unhealthy behaviors that were learned early in life. She points the way for adult children of alcoholics to enjoy better health, greater job satisfaction and improved personal relationships. The Complete ACOA Sourcebook constitutes the most in-depth work ever published on the problems faced by ACOAs, and is a guide to healthy living for anyone whose life has been affected by dysfunction.
Janet Woititz, Ed.D., is the author of Adult Children of Alcoholics, which was on the New York Times bestsellers list for over a year. She wrote several other books including: Lifeskills for Adult Children: The Self-Sabotage Syndrome; Struggle for Intimacy; Marriage on the Rocks; Healing Your Sexual Self and many others. Woititz was the director and founder fo the Institute for Counseling and Training in West Caldwell, New Jersey.
|Subtitle||Adult Children of Alcholics at Home, at Work and in Love|
|Author||Janet Geringer Woititz, Ed.D.|
|Publisher||Health Communications, Inc.|